Continue reading for the Light Brioche Buns recipe
|Light Brioche Buns|
Recipe Type: Bread
Prep time: 2 hours 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 2 hours 45 mins
Slightly sweet, fluffy, dense, and buttery.
- 3 tablespoons warm milk
- 1 3/4 teaspoons quick rise yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Sesame seeds
- Combine one cup of warm water, the milk, yeast, and sugar. Let stand until foamy, about five minutes. Meanwhile, beat one egg.
- In a large bowl, whisk flours with salt. Add butter and rub into flour between your fingers, making crumbs. Stir in yeast mixture and beaten egg until a dough forms. Scrape dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball and return it to bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, one to two hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using dough scraper or pizza wheel, divide dough into 8 equal parts. Gently roll each into a ball and arrange 2 to 3 inches apart on baking sheet. Cover loosely with a clean kitchen towel and let buns rise in a warm place for one to two hours.
- Set a large shallow pan of water on oven floor. Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in center. Beat remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush some on top of the buns. Sprinkle on sesame seeds. Bake, turning sheet halfway through baking, until tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.