Grilled Cheese 2: Electric Boogaloo
In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
Take two on grilled cheese was messy, but yummy. There were lots of great flavors — some of my favorites! — but I’m sad to say, there was something missing. It could’ve used something bright and fresh, like cilantro, celery leaves, or lime juice, to balance the smokey heat and rich, cheesy, salty, bacon goo. A little acid and/or herbs, and this would’ve been another winner.
For general grilled cheese tips, visit the inaugural grilled cheese sandwich post.
|Turkey Club Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Chipotle Mayo|
- Whole wheat bread
- Turkey (I used herb roasted turkey tenderloin)
- Pepper jack cheese
- Chipotle Mayo (recipe below)
- Chipotle Mayo
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pinch of ground oregano
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce, or to taste
- Combine mayo, sour cream, oregano, garlic powder, and chipotle sauce. Mix well.
- Top each slice of bread with cheese.
- Add the turkey, bacon, avocado, and spread on a thin layer of chipotle mayo.
- Close it up, and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.