In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
Bar. Food. Nirvana.
This sandwich tastes just like a jalapeno popper should — spicy, smoky, tangy, fried. CRONCH through the buttery toast like crispy breading on the outside, into the creamy filling, with meaty bacon, gooey cheddar, and bright, acidic pops of pickled jalapenos. And then have a beer.
For general grilled cheese tips, visit the inaugural grilled cheese sandwich post.
|Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich|
- 2 slices white bread
- 3 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon green onions, chopped
- 5 slices pickled jalapeno, chopped
- Combine cream cheese, green onions, and jalapenos in small bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Top each slice of bread with cheddar cheese.
- Spread cheese mixture on one slice of cheddar.
- Top with bacon.
- Close it up and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium-high heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.