In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
I don’t make chicken Parmesan like a normal person – I stuff it with pepperoni and I don’t bread it. So I decided to further bastardize the classic dish and turn it into a grilled cheese sandwich. The resulting lunch was quite tasty, but not spectacular.
I wanted it to be gooier. Next time, I think I’ll make a pesto out of the tomatoes and use a melty cheese like mozzarella or provolone, with just a light sprinkling of shredded Parmesan for bite. Despite the less-than-perfect texture, the flavors are great. The garlic powder and Italian seasoning really makes it.
|Chicken Parmesan Grilled Cheese Sandwich|
- Whole wheat Kaiser roll, split, with outsides trimmed off
- 4-cheese Italian blend
- Poached chicken, chopped (I used 1 chicken thigh)
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Mound the cheese on both slices of bread.
- Top one slice with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Close it up and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown. Dome the sandwich with a metal bowl to melt the cheese if necessary.