In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
It’s incredibly savory. The rye bread crisps up to a perfect golden brown, the caraway seeds get super fragrant, the salami is spicy and salty, and the provolone provides the much-needed – the beloved – goo.
If I’m being perfectly honest, I couldn’t really taste the spinach, but I was happy enough for the iron boost. Also, the salami (when heated) can be a little oily. I blotted it with a paper towel and that did the trick.
|Salami, Provolone, and Baby Spinach Grilled Cheese Sandwich|
- 2 slices caraway rye bread
- 4 slices salami
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Baby spinach
- Top each slice of bread with cheese.
- Add the salami and baby spinach.
- Close it up, and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium-high heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.