In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
Pepperoni pizza + grilled cheese sandwich = Really? You even have to ask? This delightful lunch provides the spicy, tangy flavors of pizza wrapped in the buttery crunch of a grilled cheese sandwich.
The salami sandwich I posted yesterday came out a little oily, so I used turkey pepperoni slices instead of regular pork pepperoni, and the lower-fat substitution did the trick. Turkey pepperoni has the flavor and texture of pork pepperoni, but with no neon-orange oil slick.
For general grilled cheese tips, visit the inaugural grilled cheese sandwich post.
|Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich|
- 2 slices white bread
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Turkey pepperoni slices
- Sliced black olives
- Marinara for dipping
- Top each slice of bread with cheese.
- Add the pepperoni and olive slices.
- Close it up, and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium-high heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- Serve with warm marinara.