In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
What can I possibly say about the tuna melt on rye that hasn’t already been said? It’s a classic, and I saw no reason to mess around with it. Creamy tuna salad and gooey American cheese on hearty, fragrant caraway rye is perfect, just the way it is.
|Tuna Melt on Rye|
- 1 can tuna, drained
- Heaping spoonful of mayo
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 4 slices caraway rye bread
- 4 slices American cheese
- Drain the tuna water into a saucer for the cat.
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayo, onion, celery, and salt.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese.
- Mound the tuna mixture on two slices of the bread.
- Close up the sandwiches and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium-high heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.