In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
What can I possibly say about the tuna melt on rye that hasn’t already been said? It’s a classic, and I saw no reason to mess around with it. Creamy tuna salad and gooey American cheese on hearty, fragrant caraway rye is perfect, just the way it is.
For general grilled cheese tips, visit the inaugural grilled cheese sandwich post.
|Tuna Melt on Rye|
- 1 can tuna, drained
- Heaping spoonful of mayo
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 4 slices caraway rye bread
- 4 slices American cheese
- Drain the tuna water into a saucer for the cat.
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayo, onion, celery, and salt.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese.
- Mound the tuna mixture on two slices of the bread.
- Close up the sandwiches and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium-high heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.