In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
I had this great idea to turn the classic deli sandwich, The Rachel, into a grilled cheese. And then I remembered that I don’t really care for sauerkraut. And I’m not exactly crazy about Swiss cheese. So I substituted spinach for the sauerkraut and provolone for the Swiss, and I was left with a delicious grilled not-Rachel sandwich. The pickle-y-ness of the Russian dressing is not to be missed.
For general grilled cheese tips, visit the inaugural grilled cheese sandwich post.
|Not-Rachel Grilled Cheese Sandwich|
- 2 slices caraway bread
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices roast turkey
- Russian dressing
- Baby spinach
- Layer the cheese on both slices of the bread.
- Top with turkey, spinach, and dressing.
- Close it up and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.