In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
I think you’ll remember this sandwich’s delightful cousin, the Candied Dijon Bacon Grilled Cheese with Pickled Jalapenos. The two share a number of common features – they’re sweet, spicy, smoky, and salty.
But today’s creation provides a very important advantage: since you’re not coating the bacon, it takes less time to prepare, and you can make with the eating sooner. Everybody wins!
|Spicy Apricot and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich|
- Challah bread
- Apricot jam
- Pickled jalapenos, chopped
- Crispy bacon
- Top each slice of bread with half a slice of provolone.
- Add the bacon, jam and jalapenos.
- Close it up and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.