In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
I think you’ll remember this sandwich’s delightful cousin, the Candied Dijon Bacon Grilled Cheese with Pickled Jalapenos. The two share a number of common features – they’re sweet, spicy, smoky, and salty.
But today’s creation provides a very important advantage: since you’re not coating the bacon, it takes less time to prepare, and you can make with the eating sooner. Everybody wins!
For general grilled cheese tips, visit the inaugural grilled cheese sandwich post.
|Spicy Apricot and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich|
- Challah bread
- Apricot jam
- Pickled jalapenos, chopped
- Crispy bacon
- Top each slice of bread with half a slice of provolone.
- Add the bacon, jam and jalapenos.
- Close it up and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.