In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
Do you remember that vacation you took to Provence, when you lounged in the sun with your lover, picnicking on creamy cheese, a fresh, crisp baguette, and a glass of regional wine? No?
Yeah, me neither. But I imagine that such a perfect, sunny picnic tastes an awful lot like this grilled cheese sandwich. No, I’m not even kidding. (OK, maybe a little.)
I split the English muffin with a fork and flipped it inside out to grill the cut side to a perfect golden crunch. The jam swirled into the melted provolone to make a gooey, sticky sauce. Bon appetit!
For general grilled cheese tips, visit the inaugural grilled cheese sandwich post.
|English Muffin and Blackberry Jam Grilled Cheese Sandwich|
- English muffin, split with a fork
- 1 slice provolone, cut in half
- Blackberry Jam
- Place the split English muffin cut side down on a cutting board.
- Layer on half a slice of provolone to each side, and spread with blackberry jam.
- Close it up and butter the outsides (well, insides) of the English muffin.
- Griddle on medium-high heat until the cheese is melted and the muffin is golden brown.