In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month, I’m posting a different grilled cheese sandwich every single day through the month of April. You’re welcome.
I think it’s clear by now that I like grilled cheeses with a spoonful of sugar. You can candy coat your sammich with honey, jam, brown sugar, and best of all, fruit. If you start with a ripe, tender pear, the fruit will melt right along with the cheese for a soft and luscious, salty-sweet, flavor-packed filling between two slices of golden, bitter beer bread.
I’m really going to miss National Grilled Cheese Month.
|Pear and Gorgonzola Grilled Cheese Sandwich|
- Beer bread (see Beer Cheese Soup Grilled Cheese post for recipe)
- Sliced pear
- Top each slice of bread with cheese.
- Add the pear slices and drizzle with honey.
- Close it up, and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Griddle on medium-high heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.