Forgive me, foodies, for I have slacked off. It has been 26 days since I last posted a new recipe. I’m not Catholic, so that’s as far as I’m willing to take the confession metaphor.
All kidding aside, I’ve just been really overwhelmed by life outside the kitchen lately. Between my job, writing a new show, and keeping Handsome Greg and Professor Meowington happy, I’m swamped. The thought of creating a unique recipe accompanied by a clever tale makes me want to cry into my apron.
And so, in the interest of keeping my blog alive (while exerting the VERY least amount of effort) I’m sharing an entirely unoriginal and frankly lazy-ass recipe. It’s easy, tasty, and a little bit embarrassing.
I am sorry for these and all the sins of my kitchen.
- 1 can pizza dough
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1/4 cup shredded 4-cheese Italian blend
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza dough and place on the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Starting in the middle, press the dough into a 14×10-inch rectangle. Using a pizza wheel, cut the dough into four rectangles.
- In a small bowl, mix the chicken and buffalo sauce. Divide the chicken mixture into four equal portions and scoop onto the left side of each rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Fold the right sides of the dough over the filling and pinch the edges to seal. Brush on egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.